Imagine you own a grocery store and one of the biggest advantages to your customers is the fact that you have the lowest prices.
From a customer’s point of view, it isn’t a simple task to quickly compare prices between stores. It is time-consuming and often the stores don’t carry the same items. Many stores carry items that are store-branded that other stores won’t have.
Sure, if you regularly buy bananas at store “A” at .52 cents/pound, you know that it is cheaper than store “B” at .89 cents/pound. It doesn’t matter though. All that matters is how much your total grocery bill added up to.
So here it is. The app must do the following:
- Allow customers to scan bar-codes, either at the competitor’s store or at home as they un-bag their purchases.
You can already do this with many other tools for Android and iPhone
- Offer comparable products for items not available an their store
- Offer users the ability to manually add in items that have no barcode (produce)
Other nice features would be:
- A Progressive Insurance-like ability to compare to other grocery stores in the area for the same list of items (via geolocation)
- A customizable notification of prices that have drastically changed.
- Other ideas?